Thank you for all your support yesterday. I know that it is like my body doing weird things and today I'm doing much better with it. This isn't a sprint after all but a marathon to health. So I have to prep for the long haul.
I'm in a much better state of mind today for a few reasons.
1. I worked out! - I went to my water kettlebells class this morning and it was AMAZING. I had to miss the first class last week so I'm glad I made it to this one. It is so much fun. And for once I feel like I'm sort of a natural at it. I never feel that centered and move into a new physical activity that easily but this was great. Not only that but it made me feel strong. Running doesn't typically make me feel strong, but this was powerful for me. I'll be doing more of it!
2. I ate right! - I had a big salad bar salad today - greens, kale, jicama, peas, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, and broccoli - with a little ham, blue cheese and some blue cheese yogurt dressing. Yum! I'm full but energized.
3. Popcorn! - Chris and I shared some homemade popcorn last night. I didn't have butter on mine and it was a great end of the day snack. I had the points for it so I ate it and enjoyed in thoroughly. It felt good to have a "treat" that wasn't awful for me but tasted like it was!
4. Church! - Last night we had a lenten service. The speaker was a perinatologist - someone who works with high risk pregnancies and premature deliveries. Having had one of those it was powerful to think about God walking along side the doctors in those tough situations, and to also think about God walking along side of me in my own tough situation.
5. A Book! - Specifically The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown, which is really giving some insight into the way my own thinking holds me back. And I don't want to be held back by myself any longer, instead I want to live into my true self and channel my strength to do good work. Not perfect, but good.
6. You guys! Every comment, email, note, tweet, and message does so much help in keep me in perspective. I am quick to want things fast, easy, and NOW but the reality is that this is a hard, long, slow process I am on. It takes some retraining, and frankly a lot of cheerleaders. So thank you for being willing to be my cheerleaders.
So, this is me carrying on and not giving up.