* I don't think the Goat family has had a weekend yet this new year where we all were healthy. While there is some benefit of illness on the weekend I am sick of it (ha). I have cleaning to do, cooking to do and menus to plan. Not to mention work, swimming lessons and other things. It just adds to frustration.
* Yesterday we were at the ILs to celebrate SIL's 21st birthday. I had a single serving of full fat ice cream and I was really shocked how sweet it was. I suppose that is a sign that I'm not craving sugar as much but it was an odd sensation to have something be too sweet.
* The piece of rum cake I had however was not too sweet, and really, really, really yummy.
* I bought kale the other day. The plan was to try making kale chips this weekend, which didn't happen but I hope to do it soon.
* I managed to swim laps for 25 minutes straight on Sat. This was slow and with lots of stroke switching, but I didn't stop. That felt pretty good.
* Another NSV (non-scale victory) - I had S'mores bars made for our church summer Sunday and I didn't have one, despite the fact that I found the recipe and realy would have liked one.
* On the other hand, today ended up being a very odd "grazing" sort of day for Weight Watchers. I didn't go over on my points, but I didn't feel balanced or on top of my eating today. (Of course Mr. Goat had the flu so I was a bit overly cautious on my end).
* But tomorrow is another day - and being at work seems easier to balance things some how. (Assuming the illness doesn't spread).
* My only comment on the Superbowl - I couldn't watch thanks to the toddle, but in my opinion the winner was the lesser of two evils. Hopefully it will be the Packers year next year!
* Will someone come do laundry and clean my house for me?
* Or take the toddler for 2 days so I can do it?
* Who am I kidding? If someone took the toddler for two days I'd just sleep and watch tv (and probably work out twice)
* When I opened this post I had lots of really clever and interesting thoughts. Now I'm just sleepy. Oh well. Perhaps I'll have something brilliant to say tomorrow.
* Probably not.