I need a break from the emotional roller coaster that my first week of Weight watchers is giving me. Or at least I need a break on the blog. I'm still on track for points and I worked out today too. Things are going fine, but I just don't want to talk about it too much today. So I thought I would do more of a get to know you blog for those who are finding yourself here.
Conveniently, a blogger I follow over at All the Weigh has a little link up called:
The rules are simple: answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see the FMM questions and answers. Blog readers can add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. This week's topic:
FMM: Getting To Know You
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday? Ideally sleeping in, but since having children I just like Saturdays to be family days to reconnect be rejuvenated.
2) List your top three favorite TV shows. The Big Bang Theory, Dr. Who, and a rotating host of reality competition shows - particularly cooking and fashion ones, i.e. Top Chef, Project Runway, etc
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them? Probably taking them, but I do want to be in plenty to document my presence in my son's childhood, not just that mom was behind a camera. It is a hard balance to find.
4) Why do you blog? I blog to find my voice and make sure that I remain myself. Secondarily, to connect to an amazing community of bloggers.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be? Wil Wheaton @wilw
7) List a few of your favorite snacks. Cheese - of all sorts. Ice cream. Chips. Obviously I have to find new healthier options.
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind? Two cats - Doppler and Tsumani
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without? My phone, books/my library card, my car
10) What’s your favorite drink? It used to be diet coke, but I gave up soda 7 months ago. Now, sparkling flavored water.
11) Do you enjoy cooking? Not as much as I enjoy eating. I'm working on it.
12) Do you have children? One - E, aka the Toddler, aka little Goat
13) What are your favorite hobbies? Blogging, reading, writing, and slowly I'm learning to like working out.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing? Pretty shy at first, mostly because I feel awkward in person.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change? The biggest thing I'd like to change is my weight/health and I'm working on that. Other than that, I'd really like to be less of a procrastinator.
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress? Not sure. Depends on the movie/role.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week? I hope the coolest thing will be a good loss at my weigh in on Wed. We'll see.
18) Do you live near your family or far from them? My parents are about 5 hours away. Mr. Goat's parents are about 1 hour away. Our siblings are more spread out, but we manage to see each other fairly regularly.
19) List three of your talents. Writing, trumpet playing, cards/games
20) What is your greatest attribute? I am slow to anger, quick to forgive and very loyal to my friends.
I'd love it if you played along. Even if you just leave some highlights in the comments here. I love knowing how might be out there reading these random thoughts of mine!