1st 6 months - learning to eat and grow - you stayed home with mommy or daddy this whole 6 months and the whole time was seeking to catch up from your slow preemie start.
2nd 6 months - I can MOVE! - sitting up, crawling, eating, etc.
3rd 6 months - TEETH! - transitions - new teeth, new walking, etc.
4th 6 months - Go GO GO! - moving from walking to running everywhere.
5th 6 months - Language - going from a few words into a huge vocabulary with mini sentences.
and now we are at the next 6 month period. What on earth will these 6 months bring?
I do know a few things that will be constants based on what we've learned about each other so far.
- If you do something you do it at full speed with 110% effort. If you try to avoid something you also do it at full speed with 110% effort.
- You are fearless. And from someone who has fears quite naturally this puts me in awe of you.
- So are so social. You love people even if you are sometimes shy. Once you know someone they are worthy of hugs, and playing together and being included in prayers.
- Whoa to those who have to try to make little goat do something he doesn't want to do.
- Vacation cemented one thing in your head - "Other people have fun once you go to bed" - and now you want to stay up for the party. Because it clearly isn't a party unless you are there. Consquently bedtime has been a real challenge lately, but when you do finally fall asleep you seem to sleep as intensely as you live.
- The world is a better place thanks to Barney, Elmo, Blue and the Backyardigans.
- If it has a plane, train, truck, boat, or car on it, with it, or nearby we want it.
- You are by no means "bad" but you are always testing boundaries. It has hard to be consistent when you are so much more stubborn and determined than I am sometimes. Even when you don't know what you want, you know what you DON'T want very strongly. I'm sure that all kids go through this but it is surprises me the strength - physical and mental - that you are willing to battle against something you don't want to do.
- And yet, I can't help but thinking that we are very lucky and blessed with you. Your stubbornness and tenacity still are positive qualities in so many ways.
We've come so far - this little threesome family of ours. I hope you will forgive you mom and dad when we fail you. We always try our best. We wouldn't be the same without you. We might get more sleep, the house might (might) be cleaner, but our lives would be a lot more boring.
Congratulations on being two and a half little goat. I hope the next 6 months are the best ones yet!