For months the Goat family has been going, and going, and going. It's been a fun summer but not a very restful one. I can't remember the last time we didn't have something on the docket for a weekend and the rest of September is a mess of meetings and appointments too. But this weekend was a glorious rest from our labors.
Which isn't to say we rested, but in all we did we did it together as a family - just the three of us.
- We shopped for and ultimately chose Little Goat's big boy bed.
- We went to the St. Paul Farmers market and feasted off the spoils all weekend long - tonight Heritage Pork St. Louis Ribs, Fried okra, fingerling potatoes, and homemade cucumber dip. Yum.
- I got caught up on laundry, and throwing away junk mail.
- We played with little goat and spent lots of time being silly.
- We attempted to get little goat back on a sleep schedule.
- Mr. Goat and I spent nearly 4 hours staring into a firepit after little goat's bedtime last night staying up too late talking about everything.
- We went to church and sat together as a family for likely the last time until Christmas (the perils of having a singing husband and working for a church).
Tomorrow starts with a bang and we are into the church "school" year. For about 3 weeks my head will be a pinball machine in full TILT. But for 3 days we sat and rested and were together. And I am grateful and blessed for that time.
I hope you all had a rest from your labors this weekend.