Wow! It is my birthday again! I'm always amazed how fast time seems to fly as an adult, particularly when specific days can drag on seemingly forever! I actually did pretty well with last year's goals, some big ones were crossed off the list which is wonderful. Not everything was accomplished of course so there are a few repeats on this year's lists, but there are some new goals too! If you want to see how I did on previous lists you can see 31 for 31 here and all the others on the sidebar of the blog!
I am really in a good place heading into this birthday. It feels like there are always things to change about yourself to make yourself even more you, but as I grow older I become more comfortable with who I already am. Any of the goals I accomplish this year is icing on the birthday cake as far as I'm concerned!
32 for 32
1. Learn to make homemade spaghetti sauce using our garden's tomatoes. Mr. Goat and I figured this one out!
2. Find an amazing pair of boots that fit (a challenge with "meaty" calves). They are short boots, but beautiful.
3. Go see the new Muppet movie in theaters. Opening weekend no less.
4. Continue to give up soda - no soda all year long. 10 months and counting...
5. Host a holiday in our own home.
6. Get a real Christmas tree for Christmas. We couldn't do this in our apartment. Done!
7. Figure out a mail system that I can actually keep up on.
8. Find a place to volunteer regularly.
9. Finish unpacking our home.
10. Finish another 5k or two and break the 50 minute mark.
11. Potty train baby goat so he can go to preschool next fall.
12. Track everything I eat for one month minimum. 4 months+ and counting on tracking.
13. Sew something I can wear.
14. Take a class just for me.
15. Roast a whole chicken. I will do this someday...
16. Attend a professional sports game - baseball, hockey, football, etc.
17. Create a Mama's reading nook.
18. Try weekly meal planning for 1 month.
19. Go on a date once a month with my husband.
20. Find one free-lance writing gig.
21. Take a class with little goat - swimming, music, etc Swimming and Music so far.
22. Bake a birthday cake with little goat for Mr. Goat.
23. Go back to the beach.
24. Do a monthly health challenge each month - Sept: No Fries
25. Learn to use a snow blower.
26. Build a snowman in our yard with little goat. There was no real snow this year... :(
27. Workout with a trainer even if it is just once to get a plan in place.
28. See a dietictian or nutritionist to get a plan in place.
29. Smile more. Laugh more. Sleep more.
30. Don't be embarrassed when I am being me.
31. Keep my car clean.
32. Daily choose grace, peace and joy over anxiety, negative-thinking and doubt.