* Little goat has a cold and stayed home today. We went to urgent care last night to get a steroid (and an antibiotic for his forming ear infection) as his asthma wasn't quite controlled but now he's bounced back super quickly, which is good. I'm not happy that the asthma is a continuing issue for him but I am very happy that we are closer to controlling it.
* His cold was such that he was feeling much better after each nebulizer treatment so we went for a walk this afternoon in the stroller. We walked 2.10 miles and even stopped at the playground, so he must have been feeling much better. (And I got a workout of sorts in, so it was a win) I think we'll head back to daycare tomorrow.
* I was in the office for a half day as it was my supervising pastors last day and there was a lunch. I cried. She has helped me heal a lot from all of the crud of my old congregation and has really brought me back to a place where I enjoy and feel called to ministry. Such a gift and I will miss her a lot. I'm glad there are still lots of other awesome people on staff at my current church. I am very blessed.
* I really want to go see the movie Bridesmaids. I think it might be worth springing for a sitter so Mr. Goat and I can have a date. Now if only we could find a date that we are both free!
* Question #1 on my mind today: Would you ever consider a vacation without your child? I'm thinking yes, even though I'd miss him every second. But am curious about your thoughts.
* Question #2 on my mind today: What is your favorite low cost summer activity for kids - parks, splash pads, parades, etc? I'm particularly interested in those of you who live in the Twin Cities.
* My 5k is in less that two weeks. I am in no way ready, at least not where I'd like to be, but I'll go out and give it my best. And I'll be beside some amazing people from the #priorfatpack.
* Mr. Goat has a vendetta against the dandelions in our yard. I just think they are cheerful.
* It looks like we are a go for a family vacation this August. I am thrilled because it means 1. a beach. 2. a beach with the extended Goat family. 3. which means that we aren't the only ones watching the toddler so I might actually get to sneak away and read a book by myself on the beaches of North Carolina.
* I need a game night. Or a bridge night. My strategic brain is numbing and it needs some exercise.
* RIP Harmon Killebrew
* It was so beautiful out today. When the sun finally appears in the spring it really is glorious.
* Sometimes it baffles me how I've made very good friends with the help of the internet and social media. It seems strange except that it is so true. I am very grateful for it and the people I've met. Thanks friends. I less than 3 you!