So yeah, I have reflections and observations galore from my life right now that I want to write up and share here, but this moving thing? Yeah, that is a beast. My life is work and packing right now and all I really want to do when I'm not doing those things is nothing, so it looks like my blog is getting a bit of a rest this month. I am working on some guest blog posts for the week of the move (anyone want to guest post) and have an exciting book review tomorrow but I'll be here when I get here. I hope you will be patient with me.
In the meantime here are a few random thoughts:
* Why do we do daylight savings time? I sort of get it but it just seems like we mess with our heads twice a year, and it seems even more difficult once you have kids.
* So Wednesday night I was told that little goat and I were "ruining church for everyone" So that was fun. Luckily I am staff and confident in my son's right to be there and the importance of him learning worship, but given all that Ash Wednesday means to me - yeah it was harsh. (Also luckily the pastors and staff love kids in worship, even when they may yell Dada! and wave to the choir in the balcony, ahem)
* Why do I own so much stuff? Seriously, we got rid of 6 kitchen trash bags to Good Will and there is still more I can get rid of - and that was just clothes and not counting the stuff worth consigning. I really feel like I've somehow ended up more driven by material things than I want to be, and yet purging is surprisingly hard, but rewarding.
* I am giving myself permission not to feel guilt about things during the move. I am still trying each day to make healthy choices but there is too much stress right now to worry about things after the fact. Still I am so ready to be moved.
* I feel so bad for Japan. My prayers are with the people there. I also feel a bit of guilt that I have a cat named Tsunami - but we call her Tsu for short.
* I can't decide whether to paint baby goat's room or not when we get in the new house. It is a generic beige now, which is fine but do I want something different? Or should I just not worry about that with everything else that is happening during the move?
* Anyone have any tips for transitioning a toddler from one home to another?
* We have a Melissa and Doug puzzle that makes noise everytime the lights get turned off - it still freaks me out every time. I don't know why that happens.
* I think we need more kids music CDs now that baby goat listens more attently. What are your favorites?
* Should I run another 5k this summer?
That's it. I'm going to go take a short rest and then back to packing. I'll be around, just not as much until after the move and then I can tell you ALL about it (won't that be fun?) (Don't answer that!).