Confession: I hate makeup.
Or rather I appreciate what it does but hate the time, effort, skills, cost, and skin troubles that makeup causes me.
In full confession I should probably mention that my mother also hated makeup and wore it maybe once a year so I didn't grow up sneaking into her bathroom to experiment.
I have made various attempts to wear makeup throughout my life. I've worn it for events and weddings. I had it professionally done for my wedding and it was lovely. Every couple years I went through a big push to learn how to do it and dumped $$ into a new set of makeup. I would keep it up somewhat but ultimately it would die away as I reclaimed an extra snooze button push into my morning routine.
But when I got a job at new church it seemed time to start again. I had interviewed wearing makeup. It might be that I've aged but suddenly makeup does seem to enhance my look. Darn It. And so for the last month I've been wearing makeup everyday I go into the office. I didn't go back to Clinque that I had in the past but got Neutrogena from Target to try to keep costs down.
And it isn't awful. I've gotten ok at the plan simple professional look (I think). I found out about mineral powder foundation and that has helped a ton to keep my skin clear but I still have some issues. So blogland, help a girl out. I think it is time to buck up and be a professional and wear the makeup, so if I'm going to do it I should do it right. So here are my questions:
1. What kind of makeup do you use? Is it worth the cost?
2. Brushes - do you use your own or the ones that come with it? How often do they need cleaning (how do you clean them?) or replacing?
3. Any tips on keeping the makeup from irritating my eyes - that is the worst part of it, I keep wanting to rub them!
4. What do you use to take your makeup off and keep your skin clear? I have extremely sensitive skin.
5. Any other tips I should know?