- Do the program 3 days this week with at least one day being an attempt at Week 2 workout.
- Research stretching, warm-up and cool down things to help with soreness and safety. (Please share what works for you).
- Figure out the best solution to the podcast issues and get some downloaded for workouts.
- Work out with another program (or even just go walking) once this week.
Saturday I intended to workout and napped instead so I found myself doing my third workout of the week last night. My knee still feels weird. It doesn't hurt but it feels like it will buckle when I run. I compromised last night. I walked the average distance that the Week 1 workout would typically give me...so I walked for almost 40 minutes instead. I kept up a good pace and did work up quite a sweat. My knee feels a bit better for it too so I'm glad I didn't do the running yesterday.
I'm still researching some stretches and finding what works for me. Clearly I need some that work the knees and hips so I can get back on the real program. I found a cheap Mp3 player that should be here any day and I look forward to getting out to run instead of using the apartment closet gym. I hope it will make a difference in my motivation. No extra workout this week but I did do a marathon shopping trip on Friday where I worked up a sweat. Does that count?
More than my knee I struggled with the sanity of this program. If just two weeks make my knees crabby is running a smart thing for my XXX lb frame? I don't know, but I'm committed to seeing this through. I'll just have to keep my body in mind and do things purposefully. There are days when I am doing this just because I know I have all of you out there holding me accountable, but I figure that's ok. In the last two weeks I've worked out more than since baby goat was born so it isn't a bad thing!
This weeks goals:
- Work out with the Couch to 5k plan at least 3 times, alternating week 1 and week 2 as able.
- After a workout continue to walk until I reach the distance of a 5k so I have a base line for this process.
- Try working out outside at least once and see if it is different.
- Continue taking note of steps forward and don' let delays or setbacks throw me off track.
Other Couch to 5k relevant posts from this blog: