Friday, March 19, 2010
7 quick takes
1. I am feeling overwhelmed these days. It might be the 5 extra events (over and above my work schedule) in the next 2.5 weeks. It may be the 4 deadlines in the same time frame. It may be the sickness that has held our house hostage...thankfully it is mostly mild but it is enduring and tiring. But it seems like more than that. I'm feeling shaken some how and I haven't had the time to figure out why. I am looking forward to Easter though to get to a better place time wise to do some of this thinking.
2. I'm still amazed by how many compliments my hair is getting. It is by far the best cut I've had in ages, but I do have a tendency to think "Hey, was I THAT bad before hand?"
3. I miss my friend Emilie. She was always so good at talking through random, crazy, persistent emotions and I really miss having her as a friend to talk to. She always knew not to take all the complaining too seriously too but respected the emotions behind them. Then she always cheered me up -without fail.
4. I'm in the process of weaning myself off the breast pump. Baby goat is doing great with sippy cups and cow's milk and is down (as of this week) to just one bottle a day. So the pump is shutting down. It is funny, for as much as I moaned about the trouble that pumping is, I'm feeling nostalgic about giving it up. I am also having the hardest time remembering that I don't have to pump as much as I possibly can.
5. I'm trying to figure out what might work for baby goat's Easter basket. I don't want to spend much money and he doesn't really need candy (duh) or even toys but it seems like he needs something in his Easter basket. Any ideas?
6. I wonder how it is that baby goat already loves electronics, balls and wheeled vehicles (cars, trains, trucks, etc). Is it because he is exposed to those toys or because of a way that boys are built? He has stuffed animals that he likes but it isn't the same love. Also, climbing, who teaches little boys that climbing is a skill right up there with walking to master?
7. No matter how much time you think you have it always takes longer. And when you get home and ponder your 7th quick take there is only one little man on your mind. And when you play with him not of the worries seem quite so worrisome! I am glad to be home with baby goat. I wish there was more time to just play and be as a family.