* Did you know that the Pope used the term "precious dust" in an Ash Wednesday reflection? And here I thought I had coined the phrase! What would all the Catholics think that the Pope is stealing from a little ol' Lutheran in MN? (I am just kidding of course. I'm sure the it has been used before and will be used again. And honestly I'm more than a little flattered! You can read the Pope's reflection here, or my own here.)
* I keep finding myself shocked that at this time last year I was already in the hospital and sick. This year is so very different and strange and how can I have an *almost* one year old! For some reason my mind can't wrap my head around this.
* I've done 14 loads of laundry since Sunday and STILL have more to do. Will it never end?!
* Vanilla or Chocolate Cake for baby goat? Or both? Mr. Goat is calling for the traditional family checkerboard cake which would be both, hmmmm....
* I'm trying to figure out a simple birthday tradition to start with baby goat. It could be meaningful or goofy but I'd like to start something - even if he's too young to know what is going on now. Any suggestions?
* I am prepping for my once-a-year preaching at church for a Lenten service. For some reason this year has me more nervous than most, even two weeks away. I hope I'll feel better about it once my sermon is written.
* We are in the process of figuring out how to give up cable TV and find a cheaper internet service. I'm sort of overly crabby about this. I know it is the right thing and it is just TV but I keep thinking of the shows I'll miss - Twins games, Project Runway, the whole Food Network, etc - and I get all wishy washy. Is it sad that I'm that addicted to TV?
* Baby goat seems to be teething and has been for months but we have the same 6 teeth we've had since the end of Nov. I wonder where the new teeth are coming and when they might decide to show up. Tonight baby goat went in to give me a kiss and decided to bite my lip and use it as a teething ring instead. Ouch.
* Emma, from Divored by 30 was nice enough to give me a blog award - my very first blog award ever! I am really enjoying reading her story and it was so nice of her to share this award with me.
Seven random facts about Mrs. Goat:
1. I slept with a Teddy Bear until I got pregnant myself - and yes that includes plenty of married years. His name was Mistletoe and he currently guards baby goat's room. (I think being pregnant finally convinced me to grow up and switch to a less embarrassing pillow!)
2. It really bugs me to get to the entrance ramps (the kind with two lanes and lights) to choose the "wrong" line and have someone who was behind me get in front of me. I don't know why but I get really snarky that I got it wrong.
3. I had 3 majors in college - Math, English and Religion. It was hard to choose just three!
4. I've been to 4 continents (if you count the Middle East as Asia) - North America, South America, Asia and Europe.
5. I've played trumpet for over 20 years now and have missed playing only a handful of Easters, the most recent being last year with baby goat still in the NICU.
6. I am an introvert but can still turn on the "Morgenstern" charm, to the point where a childhood nickname was ShowBizLiz
7. I think I enjoy playing with baby goat's toys as much, if not more, than he does. I'm looking forward to his inevitable lego phase!
And 7 fellow bloggers who are beautiful on their blogs and in person - inside and out!
1. Missy at Marketing Mama
2. Darcie at GustGab
3. Jen at Recovering Procrastinator
4. Samara at Simplicity in the Suburbs
5. Melinda at Getting Things Write
6. Val at Journey of a Dog Trainer
7. Jen at UnplannedCooking
And for the record, I had such a hard time picking just seven, I wanted to pick my whole blog reader full of awesome blogs and awesome bloggers, but the rules said seven, so that's what you get.