I'm interrupting my own blog recap of the Christmas adventures to get some random thoughts down on "paper." So here we go:
* I am very sad that Augsburg Publisher, the publishing house of the ELCA, is out of money and being forced to cancel their penisons. While I don't know the details of their finances it is never a good thing to see a company forced to make such tough decisions and I don't think it bodes well for the ELCA in general either. Is it a sign of the greater church's decline? As a church worker I certainly hope not.
* Baby goat is trying so hard to be on the move and is getting frustrated by it. He loves to be standing and can pull himself up in ideal situations. He also is getting towards crawling but really doesn't have anything down yet. The problem is that he's grasped the concept of moving and not the application...hence loud baby frustration.
* As wonderful as two weeks off are it is always a shock to the system to get back to work. Is it Friday yet?
* The Packers are in the playoffs! And I won the championship of two of my three fantasy football leagues, beating mostly men. This is always something I love to do!
* I'm starting to contemplate baby goat's first birthday and am torn. I want to go big and celebrate it since his birth was a bit more rushed and tense than I would have preferred. He deserves a proper celebration, but when, how and who is a whole other story.
* In my love of reality tv and the food network I immediately fell in love with the Worst Cooks in America from Sunday. Maybe it is my love of the underdog or its assurance that I am a better cook than I think. This is also cemented by the fact that I made a darn good chili and cornbread on Monday thus redeeming my somewhat lacking abilities of late.
* Please vote: I'm playing with some ideas for the blog - domain names, templates, etc and am torn between my seemingly different blogging identities on the blog - Lutheran Geek and Mrs. Goat. I realize I am fully both but does the Lutheran Geek capture my new "mom-ness?" I don't know that I'm a mommy-blog, especially since I think that puts moms who blog in a narrow box, but I definitely have more mommy content than I did before baby goat was born. What do you guys think? Any sense of which identity speaks to you more or how I might merge them succinctly in a blog title?
* How early is too early for swimming lessons? We took baby goat swimming for the first time and he loved it, so now I'm thinking of looking for some. Is ten months too young?
* I'm sure NO ONE has mentioned this, but it is darn cold out in MN these days. It makes me want to hibernate.
* It is time to shop for a convertible car seat. Anyone have any preferences?
* Don't forget to follow me on twitter or facebook now! It is so much fun to get to know new people on the internets. I'd love to get to know any of my readers better - even if you already know me and I know you!