* Mom and Dad come up on Thursday to babysit baby goat while Mr. Goat and I go on an honest to goodness date to the St. Olaf Christmas Festival! I have been every year since 1997 (I was in it for four of them) and it truly centers the holiday season for me. I am thrilled.
* Consequently however I should be cleaning - we are a mess here right now.
* If one date weren't enough, we get two this coming weekend. On Sunday we get to go to Christmas in Christ Chapel - Gustavus' version of Christmas Fest. Mr. Goat's little sister is a freshman there so we are going to support her. Luckily it is also Mr. Goat's hometown so we have ready made babysitters in Grandma and Grandpa Goat!
* I've gotten into the habit of posting everyday but I'm wondering if people like it. Comments seem down lately. While those aren't a marker of whether or not I like what is being said I do hope I'm not driving people away with my drivel. Of course it could be the holiday. Still if you like the increased posting let me know.
* Baby goat had his 9 month doctors appointment today. He's looking great and is growing! His stats:
Weight: 24 lbs 2 oz - 95% percentile
Length: 28 3/4 inches - 70% percentile
Head: 18 3/4 inches - 95% percentile
* It seems strange to me that he is not so big compared to others. It was just three months ago that we were still fortifying my breastmilk to boost its calories. He is truly not a preemie anymore.
* He also got his second H1N1 shot today! So at least one of the family is protected and his protection should be almost fully developed by the time we fly at the end of the month. Whew - that is one big sigh of relief for me. Now if it just opened up for the rest of the public so Mr. Goat and I can get them too!
* Guess who is almost done with her Christmas shopping - ME! I need a daycare gift and a first Christmas ornament for baby goat and then I am DONE! Woot! (Sorry to brag I just am never on top of this).
* In the complete opposite vein however I haven't even thought about our Christmas Cards - and seeing how I have birth announcements that I never sent out those may be them with a little added note about the last 5 months since they were done. Oops. Mommy FAIL.
* I love the high prevalence of minty chocolately items present during the Holiday season. Yum. I just indulged in a Hershey mini special dark with mint. Double Yum.
* That being said I really miss our gym membership these days. We had to give it up for finances but I have struggled to get into any sort of workout with out it. We technically have a small gym in the building over for our use but somehow it was always easier to drive to the gym than to walk next door. It's frustrating but ultimately I'm going to have to make the time and effort to do it.
* Back to the Choral music - Magnum Chorum, the choir that Mr. Goat sings in has two concerts in December. They are going to be awesome as always. Head over to their website for details and think about coming and saying hi! I think I'll likely be there for the Sunday Concert!
* FINALLY - we've reached our contest. Magnum Chorum recently came out with an amazing new CD which Mr. Goat sings on and I have a CD for one reader here! Here are the CD details:
Love Divine Presents Magnum Chorum live in concert from its debut season with music director, Christopher Aspaas. This lively and evocative collection includes The Exaltation of Christ by Charles Forsberg, Five Hebrew Love Songs by Eric Whitacre. Like as the Hart by Herbert Howells, and Rene Clausen's Set Me as a Seal and In Pace. Lovely performances of Praise to the Lord, Elizabeth Poston’s Jesus Christ, the Apple Tree, and Requiem by Eliza Gilkyson are included, along with two works by emerging composers: Lost in the Night by Kyle Haugen and the premiere of Stanford Scriven’s This is the Day.
This CD is awesome! It was our soundtrack for the Thanksgiving trip to WI and baby goat was a big fan. It would make a great Christmas present if choral music isn't up your alley but I would like to give one to a reader so they can see for themselves!
So how you enter: Leave a comment here for one entry. If you follow me leave another comment saying as much. The contest ends on Monday, December 7th at 11:59pm.
* Thanks for following me through NaBloPoMo. This blog is fun for me and it makes be happy to know that others enjoy it as well.
*I should say that Mr. Goat and I bought this CD and was not given to us for the blog, nor were we asked to review it. I just enjoy choral music, blogging and you guys!
The Giveaway is now closed.