An update on my birthday and my day at the fair is forthcoming but I thought I would continue the tradition of trying to make some goals for myself in my 29th year. Just like last year, I want to use my birthday to help figure out some manageable goals for myself this year. Now I obviously failed with some of the list last year but I'm not going to dwell on this, rather I will just start over with the best of intentions. So without further ado, in no particular order... 29 goals for 29.
1. Discern my current vocation and find employment that reflects it.
2. Take a vacation with my husband - even it if is just a weekend away nearby.
3. Find a new crafty hobby.
4. Renew gym efforts and find a routine that I can succeed in.
5. Strive for realistic weight-loss goals and lose weight as a result. - 50 lbs down from pre-pregnancy weight.
6. Reduce or eliminate our credit card debt.
7. Begin saving for retirement again. (Having to buy a car unexpectedly last year got me out of the habit)
8. Watch our wedding video on our anniversary. - We did this one!
9. Complete this year's 50 book challenge and get a good start on next year's. - I finished last year's and am behind but pushing on with '09.
10. Nap, guilt-free, when needed.
11. Learn to play a new card or board game. - Yup, I learned Dominion, a cool new board game!
12. Attend a Twins game and at least one other professional sports game (I'm hoping for Packers but we'll see). Not yet but I hope to get to the Dome before the Twins season is over!
13. Make those pretzels for my husband that I didn't get around to last year.
14. Find a CSA and eat yummy fresh veggies next summer.
15. Move to a new place, preferably a house of our own.
16. Visit at least one of the following - Mt. Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, the Pacific Ocean or Yellowstone. Yeah, no $$, but that's fine, it will happen someday.
17. Master a song on expert guitar hero.
18. Find a way to see one of my Father's gigs since he always came to ours!
19. Whatever my employment, strive to remain organized and open to constructive criticism. Some days are better than others.
20. Acknowledge and embrace that I will always be a worrier, but find some helpful tools and practices to help reduce anxiety in my life. Will always work on this one.
21. Continue the habit of eating breakfast each day.
22. Learn to cut myself a little more slack in my daily life.
23. Sort through my old books and give away what is no longer needed. - We got rid of 3 boxes of books and still have more that could be gone through but it is progress.
24. Be on the road to motherhood. - Baby Goat born 2.26.09
25. Get on top of sending cards for the birthdays and anniversaries of my friends and family.
26. Continue to cut back on caffeine and possibly eliminate my use of soda on a regular basis. This went well until the sleepless nights of an infant and then it work!
27. Clean out my closet and get rid of the clothes I don't wear.
28. Reread the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, and the Harry Potter series. - Done with Harry Potter...
29. Don't stress out when my 30th birthday gets closer and remember that it is just a number. Two days in I feel ok with it!