1. The Tenth Doctor ~ Dr. Who ~ Oh the Doctor. Doctor Who is currently on the top of my favorite current show list. He is cute, and noble and loves to learn new things. And of course, the fact that he is played by the adorably cute David Tenant works too! The ninth doctor was good, the tenth is better!
2. Jean Luc Picard ~ Star Trek: The Next Generation ~ Of all the Star Trek Captains he is by far my favorite. There is something very alluring about his character and of course being played by Patrick Stewart is wonderful. I saw Patrick Stewart do some Shakespeare last year and man, he knows his stuff. Plus I liked that the Captain was NOT the womanizer for once in a Star Trek episode!
3. Dumbledore ~ Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling ~ Who doesn't want to know Dumbledore and have that twinkling eye cast upon them? A great eccentric, loving, brilliant Grandfather, Dumbledore really helps cast the morality and tone of the whole series, even as the tale is really about Harry Potter.
4. Gandalf ~Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien ~ I guess I have a thing for grandfatherly wizards. They can kick butt when they are mad, but can laugh and love and see wonderful potential in even the smallest of God's creatures.
5. The Hobbits ~ Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien ~ I'd particularly like to meet Bilbo and Sam but really all of them have places in my heart. I'm always amazed how you can truly come to love characters from books and movies. To know them and love them and cry for them when they experience loss. The hobbits in the LOTR seem to embody the human qualities I love best - loyalty, love, bravery, love of food *grin*, and a willingness to do what it takes to ensure their way of life. They exceed everyone's expectations of what is possible and that is exactly how I'd like to be.
6. Harry Potter ~ Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling ~ I would love to meet Harry Potter. In fictional years he would be about my age and it would be so interesting to hear about being the "chosen" one directly from him. To hear about Voldemort and the love of his friends. I'd love to meet the whole set of characters really but Harry choose to do good even when all seemed lost.
7. Mr. Darcy ~ Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen ~ Yum! It takes a strong woman to be able to turn down Mr. Darcy. At least he didn't give up on Lizzy!
8. Han Solo ~ Star Wars ~ The ultimate bad-boy goes good. He may seem like a scoundrel but deep down you know there is so much more.
9. Daniel Jackson ~ Stargate SG-1 ~ The uber-geek meets action adventure. Sure he needs saving sometimes because he isn't as good with the guns and stuff, but who else can translate languages at the drop of a hat and takes time to philosophize about the nature of the universe while being chased by aliens.
10. Peter and Edmund Pevensie ~ The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis ~ To know and defend Narnia sounds wonderful. They are loyal and yet still bicker. There is sibling rivalry but still they know what is most important. Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia. Does that mean if I married one of them I'd get to be a Queen of Narnia too? :)
11. Indiana Jones ~ Indiana Jones ~ The hat! The whip! The archeology! Who can go wrong!
12. Mr. Big ~ Sex and the City ~ Yes, he may not be the most upstanding guy, but he still has a big heart and if I were Carrie I'd still choose him every time!
13. Aragorn ~ Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien ~ The rightful king of Gondor disguised as a lowley ranger. Protector of hobbits and lover of elves, Aragorn is the hope of humanity. He singlehandedly decides not to let man simply to be barbarians siding on with evil but brings the nobility back to us. Plus he's good with a sword.
Honorable mentions: Legolas, and Elrond ~ LOTR, Data and Wesley Crusher ~ Star Trek:TNG, Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi ~ Star Wars, Captain Jack Sparrow ~ Pirates of the Carribean, and probably lots lots more!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants