* Is it a good move to even consider Clinton as a VP candidate for Obama. I'm not sure it is a "unity" ticket as I think Clinton's supporters may be more upset that she is "carrying" Obama into the office. I do think that the democratic party needs to back Obama 100% to win in November but I'm not sure having Hillary as VP makes that happen. I really think that she should have admitted defeat last night, it would have made the part of her speech about "supporting the party" that much more real.
* Amazingly, several known republicans in my life have said that they would consider voting for Obama if Clinton were not VP.
* I still like the idea of Bill Richardson as VP, particularly for his foreign relations experience, but I have doubts that it will happen. I think there are people out there who can grudgingly tolerate either an African-American, or a woman, or a Latino but more than one might cause them to blow a gasket. And that is a real shame.
* I do wonder if he'll pick a woman other than Clinton to try to cement the "woman's" vote. Possibly Kathleen Sebelius?
* Ok, can I say how mad the idea of a "woman's" vote makes me. Can the world stop assuming that just because I am a woman that I must want to vote for a woman? It is just like being in Seminary and everyone (professors, pastors and random churchies) asked why I wasn't studying feminist theology, just because I was a woman. I don't particularly care for feminist theology as a field of study. It has some interesting points but doesn't grab me. But there are many theologians out there that assume that to be a woman and a theologian means I must be a feminist theologian. Grrr. (Stepping off the soapbox now)
* Oh and one last thing. How come everyone says that if so-and-so become president (or whatever) that they are moving to Canada? I have even said this myself - sometime in Nov '04. But I have changed my mind. I don't want to move to Canada. I'm thinking more along the lines of St. Martin. Or Barbados? Ooo. Or Tahiti? Yes, that is much better. If McCain wins I may just have to move to Tahiti!